Monday, May 23, 2005

What is The Geyser City Gazette?

Hello, and welcome to the inaugural posting of The Geyser City Gazette. If you don't already know, "Geyser City" was one of a number of historic nicknames for the city of Waco, established back when the city's water supply came from what seemed to be an inexhaustible supply of artesian water underground.

I have had an interest in Waco history for more than 15 years, and have spent a lot of hours in libraries in Waco doing my own research. Up till now, I've not had a venue to share some of this research with others, so I'm hoping this blog will allow me to do that.

Most of the entries here, due to the small amount of time I have available now, will be either short summaries of Waco history events, or reprints of articles from old newspapers I've found. Eventually, I'd like to begin writing longer essays and articles based on my research, as well as posting photos and graphics.

But for now, please enjoy the postings of The Geyser City Gazette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home